Yes, you can add or update image alt text in the Jottful Editor.
What is alt text?
- Alt text is used to add alternative text to photos for web accessibility. Visually impaired users using screen readers will be read an “alt” attribute to better understand what images you've added to the page.
- If you can close your eyes, have someone read the alt text to you, and imagine a reasonably accurate version of the image, you're on the right track.
- Alt text is not a caption. It will not appear below your image.
- Adding alt text to your website will also strengthen SEO (search engine optimization). You can learn more about SEO on Jottful websites, here >
How to edit your alt text
- Log in to your website to access the Jottful Editor. (Here are instructions on how to log in to your website.)
- Put your cursor over the image and click the "edit image" button, as shown here:
- From the drop-down menu that appears, choose "specify description."
- Add your text in the box that appears.