To transfer a domain to Jottful, the following steps will first need to be taken with the current registrar:
- Make sure the domain status will allow the domain to be transferred.
- Most registrars will have a domain in the "clientTransferProhibited" status to prevent the domain from being transferred. Please unlock the domain to have this status removed.
- If the domain is registered within the past 60 days, you will not be able to transfer the domain. Please wait until after 60 days to initiate the transfer. There is no way to bypass the initial 60-day lock.
- If you've recently changed the registrant contact information, you might've inadvertently locked the domain from transfer. There is no way to bypass this 60-day lock. Please try again after 60 days.
- Verify that the registrant and administrative contacts on the domain are current and valid.
- If a WhoIs masking privacy service is enabled on your domain, you will want to disable this service before starting the transfer.
- Obtain the authorization (EPP) code.
- Send your domain name and EPP code to email@example.com.
- We will then complete the transfer and bill your account for a one-year renewal.
Transferring your domain from GoDaddy? Follow their instructions, here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/transfer-my-domain-away-from-godaddy-3560
Transferring your domain from HostGator? Follow their instructions, here: https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/transferring-away-from-hostgator
Transferring your domain from Square? Follow their instructions, here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7025-unlock-your-domain-and-get-the-epp-code
Transferring your domain from Squarespace? Follow their instructions, here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205812338-Transferring-a-domain-away-from-Squarespace
Transferring your domain from Wix? Follow their instructions, here: https://support.wix.com/en/article/transferring-your-wix-domain-away-from-wix-2477749