Jottful recommends Ecwid to sell and deliver classes on your website. Here are complete instructions, provided by Ecwid:
If you have ready-made video lessons or courses, you can upload video files to your website as digital products. After your clients purchase your video, they’ll receive an email with a unique download link.
If you give lessons or train via an online conference in the real-time mode, you upload a file with a link to your conference to your site. After clients purchase your class, they download this file and click a link to join your online conference.
If you do webinars, you can choose a more advanced option and automatically invite your clients to a webinar when they make a purchase. To do that, you’ll need to use the apps and services connector Zapier to connect your Ecwid account with a webinar service of your choice.
Now let’s explore each option step by step.
How do I sell video lessons on my website?
To sell video lessons on your site, you need to create a digital product.
Digital products are downloadable files in your store. They are delivered to customers automatically via unique download links after they make a purchase. You can add as many files per product as you need, every file can be up to 25 GB.
Follow this instruction to create a digital product in your store.
Adding a digital product in an Ecwid store
How do I run an online class?
If you train via an online class, your customers should receive a link to your personal online room when they make a purchase. Here’s how you can do that:
- Create a meeting in a video conferencing app of your choice, for example, Zoom, Google Hangouts, ClickMeeting, GoToMeeting, etc.
- Copy a link to the meeting and paste it into a text file.
- Add this file to your store as a digital product using this instruction from our Help Center.
Your clients will get this file with a link to a meeting when they purchase your class.
How do I add customers to my webinar automatically?
If you host webinars that include a large group, you may find it daunting to add clients manually. You can automate this task by connecting your Ecwid account to your webinar service with Zapier. This service allows you to automate daily tasks that involve using Ecwid and other applications.
Here’s how it works: you create a “Zap” by defining an action and setting it up to be repeated when certain triggers happen. In this case, a “trigger” that you set up in Zapier is a new order placed in your store, and the resulting “action” is adding people who made a purchase to your webinar. This way Zapier automatically populates your webinar and you don’t have to manually add attendees.
Before you start, make sure that Zapier supports a video conferencing app you use for webinars. You can check it on their website.
We’ll explain how to use Zapier to connect Ecwid and ClickMeeting. You can connect your Ecwid account to other webinar apps of your choice, the steps are similar. If you use Zoom, you should know that their webinar option comes as a separate paid add-on available on Zoom paid plans.
Here’s how to create your Zap to invite customers to your webinar automatically:
- Go to Ecwid App Market and install the Zapier app.
- To open the Zapier app, go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Apps → My apps, find Zapier and click “Open app.”
- In a new window, click “Make a Zap.”
- Give a name to your Zap. For example, “Adding webinar attendees.”
- Find “1. When this happens …” field, search for Ecwid and select it in “Choose App”.
- In “Choose Trigger Event” state “New Paid Order”. Click “Continue”:
- Choose your Ecwid account and click “Continue.” You’ll be able to test your trigger to confirm the right account is connected and your trigger is set up correctly.
- Scroll to “2. Do this …” and in “Choose App” select ClickMeeting.
- In “Choose Action Event” select “Add New Registrant” and click “Continue
- Connect your ClickMeeting account and click “Continue”.
- In the “Customize Registrant” block, fill in the following fields: Name and Last Name — Billing Person Name, Email Address — Email. In Room ID, insert the Room ID of your webinar in ClickMeeting. You can find the Room ID in your webinar details in your ClickMeeting account.
The “name” fields are used to personalize webinar invites that will be sent to your customers. When you set “Billing Person Name” as a value, the app will use the name & surname that a customer provided when paying for an order in your store.
Some of the various payment methods available in Ecwid don’t require customers to enter their name (like PayPal). However, when creating a Zap you cannot skip the “name” fields. But you can enter their email as a value for Name, Last Name and Email Address. This way, you’ll be able to send webinar invites using emails only. Use this workaround to ensure all your customers receive webinar invites, no matter what payment method they choose.
- Click “Continue.”
- Click “Test & Continue” to check that your zap works right.
- Click “Done editing” and turn on your zap.
After you set up this zap, customers that made a purchase in your store will receive an invitation to your webinar in their inbox:
How to live stream video on your website
According to this survey, 82% of consumers prefer live videos from a brand to social posts. Video is also one of the most engaging types of content, so why not give it a try! And with Ecwid E-commerce, you can live stream your video right in your storefront:
Here’s how you can use video streaming in your store:
- Make a Q&A session with your сustomers
- Give a free demo training as a promo for your services
- Make a live stream with an influencer to attract new audience
- Host an online event, for example, a game night.
You can go live on your website for special occasions like a new product launch or try hosting a regularly streamed show. For example, Tom McLaughlin, founder of Epic Woodworking, goes live every week at the same time to share woodworking tips and techniques and answer customers’ questions.
With Ecwid, you can live stream your video directly in your storefront, all you have to do is copy and paste the video embed code.
Here’s how to add a live video to your website:
- Start a live video on your Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or any other platform.
- Copy the video embed code.
- In your Ecwid Control Panel, go to Catalog → Categories.
- Choose the category you want to add live video too. To display the content on the store home page, choose the Storefront page category.
- Paste the code into the Description field and save the changes.
Read more about using live video in your online store.